How to choose the best horse racing bookmakers
Betting on horse racing online can be very enjoyable so it’s important to get the most out of the website you choose. With so many places offering horse racing betting it can be hard to know which one to go for, but here are some of the key things to consider:
- Reputation. A reputable site will ensure that your bets are safe, your details are secure and the prices are fair.
- Bonuses. The best bookmakers will offer competitive bonuses or special offers. This is to encourage new members and to reward existing customers for their loyalty.
- Live streaming. Many sites offer live streaming of horse races. Watching the race live with money on it is the most exciting way to play.
- Large selection. You’ll want to find a site with a good selection of horse racing meetings and many options of markets to bet on.
- Customer service. Good customer service ensures that any difficulties you may have will be handled quickly and efficiently.
- Best odds guaranteed. Some sites offer guaranteed best odds for all horse races so you can be sure you are always getting the best value available.
Once you have found the right bookmaker you will want to start betting. Here are a few pointers to get you started placing your bets.
- Sign up as a member. You will need to register an account and provide the necessary personal details.
- Deposit funds. You will need to deposit funds into your account to start betting. Use this opportunity to take advantage of your first deposit bonus. You will find a range of options for depositing funds so choose whatever suits you.
- Place your bets. You can place bets right up until the start of the race. You should find all the information you need about current and previous odds (market moves) as well as statistics about the horses, jockeys, trainers and owners which will help you make your decision.
- Types of bets. There are a number of different types of bets you can make on horse racing. See below for more information on types of horse racing bets.
- There is usually a minimum and maximum amount that you are allowed to bet. This varies between bookmakers.
Types of horse racing bets
These are the most common types of horse racing bets available:
Win – the horse that finishes in first place.
Place – this depends on how many runners are in the race and will range between the horse finishing in the top 2, 3 or 4 places.
Show – the horse finishes in the first three places.
Each Way – a combination bet that includes one bet for the horse to win outright and one bet for the horse to place.
Accumulator – a combination bet that involves more than one horse in different races.
Treble – a bet on three different horses.